Listen to the Full Episode:You can also listen to the podcast and subscribe in iTunes here, and Stitcher here.
Today’s episode is from a live talk I did on how osteoporosis and osteopenia are directly linked to your diet. There are a lot of false ideas floating around out there about calcium, and I will clarify how to get your body to actually get and use the calcium it needs.
Listen in as I break down each of the macros—carbs, fats, and proteins—so you can better understand their role and how they are linked to bone issues. You’ll learn why medical doctors and prescription drugs won’t lead to good bone health, as well as the truth about what it takes to keep your bones strong and healthy.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How osteoporosis and osteopenia are connected to your digestion.
- How carbs work in your system and how sugar causes calcium loss.
- Why the drugs prescribed for osteoporosis do not work.
- How fats or lipids can lead to calcium loss.
- What emulsified fats are.
- Why people who have had their gallbladder removed are at higher risk for osteoporosis.
- How protein relates to osteoporosis.
- Why you don’t get good bone health from dairy products.
Ideas Worth Sharing:Undigested fat—calcium will stick to it, so your body will excrete it out of your body because that fat hasn’t properly been emulsified or broken down.- @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet Just because you think you’re eating a lot of protein doesn’t mean you actually are.- @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet If you aren’t properly digesting fats, carbs, and proteins, that is going to affect the utilization of calcium in your body.- @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Christine Kaczmar: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Email | Phone: (586) 685-2222
- The Digestion Doctor Circle
- GUT-Check Protocol
- Smart Digestion Radio on Spotify
- Gut Tube
- Get 2 copies of Gut Check for $30
- Dr. Christine’s Healthy Rebels Private Facebook Group
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: