Listen to the Full Episode:You can also listen to the podcast and subscribe in iTunes here, and Stitcher here.
This episode is a bit different than usual because you’ll hear me being interviewed by my good friend, Heather Simpson, of the She Leads Me podcast (which is where this interview first aired!). After being diagnosed with uterine cancer last year, Heather looked to alternative methods to overcome cancer and heal her body, and as a result, became interested in functional medicine and healing from within. Heather was able to beat her cancer using methods that felt right to her, and in this episode, we discussed why it’s important to make sure that we put a focus on our health and listen to what our gut is telling us—in more ways than one.
We dove into why now more than ever we need to really listen to our bodies and understand what is happening internally, and why so many of the sickest people who come through my practice eat the healthiest. I also shared how I first became interested in functional medicine, how I approach care differently with every patient, and why I always advise patients to avoid a certain type of meat. Curious to find out which one? Take a listen!
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What led me to get into this line of work.
- How I use a unique care approach with every patient.
- Why you should be looking to natural forms of energy instead of supplemental forms.
- The three categories of enzymes and why they’re important.
- My recommendation for a daily diet.
- Five belly busters that tamper with people’s health more than any others.
- The order in which the body derives energy from food.
- Tools I’ve used on my personal growth journey.
Ideas Worth Sharing:This pandemic has really put a lot of pressure on us to be a lot more than we already have been volunteering for. - Heather Simpson Click To Tweet You can’t fix nutritional problems with chemistry. - @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet You are not what you eat—you are what you digest. - @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Heather Simpson: Podcast | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Pinterest | LinkedIn
- Dr. Christine Kaczmar: LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | Email | Periscope | Text DIGESTION to 844-979-0254 | Call (586) 685-2222
- Florence Scovel Shinn
- Manifest Your Destiny: The Nine Spiritual Principles for Getting Everything You Want by Wayne Dyer
- The Foundations of Chinese Medicine: A Comprehensive Text for Acupuncturists and Herbalists by Giovanni Maciocia CAc(Nanjing)
- Day One: Your Journal for Life
- The Digestion Masterclass
- Take my free quiz!
- UltraCell CBD Oil – use coupon code SMART for $20 off
- Healthy Rebels Group
- Get your copy of Gut Check
- Gut Tube
- Smart Carb Digestive Enzyme
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe:
SDR 186: Terpene Terrific