Listen to the Full Episode:You can also listen to the podcast and subscribe in iTunes here, and Stitcher here.
I recently had a patient whose blood work showed low iron, which is a fairly common issue people are running into. So today, I thought I’d share the three main reasons why you may be low on iron. From what we put in our bodies (medications and foods) to how we digest, there are a few key reasons for low iron that can be adjusted easily.
You will hear about how important acid is to our bodies, as well as why medications we commonly take can cause iron loss. I will also share how chronic inflammation is related and how you can cut down on it. When it comes to normalizing function, I’ll give you tips on how to give your body the energy and important nutrients it needs.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How aspirin and other things you’re taking affect your iron levels.
- Why your stomach NEEDS acid.
- What iron is and how it interacts with acid.
- How to digest your food well.
- Foods that are great sources of iron.
Ideas Worth Sharing:When we take drugs that lower the stomach acid, that is a problem. - @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet When it comes to proper digestion in the stomach, you NEED acid. - @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet Digesting your food well = less inflammation.- @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Christine Kaczmar: LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | Email | Periscope | Text DIGESTION to 844-979-0254 | Call (586) 685-2222
- The Digestion Masterclass
- Take my free quiz!
- UltraCell CBD Oil – use coupon code SMART for $20 off
- Healthy Rebels Group
- Get your copy of Gut Check
- Gut Tube
- Smart Carb Digestive Enzyme
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: