Listen to the Full Episode:You can also listen to the podcast and subscribe in iTunes here, and Stitcher here.
You probably hear me say all the time that the medical model is broken or see me use #brokenmedicalmodel frequently on social media, and you might be wondering why that is. So today I’m going to share with you a few of the reasons. I’ve mentioned some of these things before, but this episode is a concise way for me to explain why it is so broken and give you some examples.
Tune in to hear the truth about how the medical model hurts us, as well as how a wellness perspective differs from the problematic practices we see with typical doctors. You’ll learn how people have been fooled into thinking that healthy responses to illnesses are a bad thing, why prescription medication is so prevalent in our society, and what makes this incredibly problematic for our bodies and overall health.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Christine’s metaphor to help people understand why the medical model is broken.
- How solutions from a wellness perspective differ from the medical mindset.
- Examples of healthy responses that the medical model wants you to think are sick responses.
- The problem with proton-pump inhibitors.
- Why you can’t judge your health based on symptoms.
- The staggering amount of money Americans spend on prescription medications.
- How pharmaceutical companies are spending their money.
- Why the one-size-fits-all approach medical doctors use hurts us.
- The connection between Alzheimer’s and cholesterol-lowering drugs.
Ideas Worth Sharing:The problem with our society is that we judge our health by our symptoms. And I’m here to tell you that your health has nothing to do with your symptoms; your health has everything to do with how well your body functions. -… Click To Tweet Who are we to think that our human educated minds are anywhere near as intelligent as the human body itself? -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet Prescription medications are never, ever going to heal your body. They’re only going to cover up symptoms, block enzymatic processes, and they’re going to pollute your body. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Christine Kaczmar: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Email
- Omega Digestion Profile
- Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar–Your Brain’s Silent Killers by David Perlmutter
- Dr. Christine’s Healthy Rebels Private Facebook Group
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: