Listen to the Full Episode:You can also listen to the podcast and subscribe in iTunes here, and Stitcher here.
We’ve all heard of fats, carbs, and protein, but do you understand how the body uses them for energy? There are four specific phases the body goes through to convert the food you eat to energy, and if your body isn’t digesting these things properly, it can lead to some serious problems.
So today I’m going to discuss your macronutrients—meaning your fats, your carbs, and your proteins—and how they affect your energy. Listen in to learn how our bodies convert these nutrients, what happens if you’re not digesting them as you should, and why being healthy isn’t so much about your diet as it is about how well your body processes it.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Our primary source of energy.
- The four stages of digestive stress.
- Which phase of stress costs us water and sodium.
- How your body going to fat or lipids for energy can be life-threatening.
- The benefits of fasting.
- Signs that you’re not properly digesting fat.
- Symptoms of protein deficiency.
- What happens in your body if you’re not digesting carbohydrates properly.
Ideas Worth Sharing:Ketosis is not a bad thing. It’s just, are you being wise about it? - @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet When I’m saying deficiency, I don’t mean you’re eating too much or not enough; I mean you’re not digesting these nutrients, and it’s going to create this stress cascade. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet It doesn’t matter what diet you’re on, per se. What I care about is: can you properly digest it? -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Christine Kaczmar: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Email
- Dr. Christine’s Healthy Rebels Private Facebook Group
- Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar–Your Brain’s Silent Killers by
- Fasting Can Save Your Life by Herbert M. Shelton
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: