Listen to the Full Episode:You can also listen to the podcast and subscribe in iTunes here, and Stitcher here.
Quite often in my practice, people will come to me and ask my opinion on this article or that documentary or what have you, so today I’m giving you my personal review of the documentary What the Health. This movie makes some very important points that I agree with, but it also includes some things that I don’t agree with—and those things are pretty important.
Listen in to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to this documentary. You’ll learn which important lessons I think we should all take home from it, the irresponsible messaging I want to make sure you don’t buy into, and the important things everyone should keep in mind when it comes to vegetarianism and veganism.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why Dr. Christine is uniquely qualified to review What the Health.
- Key points she disagrees with in the movie.
- Why vegans tend to be the sickest patients she sees.
- The important thing to keep in mind when eating vegan.
- A great point the movie attempts to make.
- The top ten types of cancer in the U.S.—and which ones are influenced by your diet and gut health.
- Five foods that disrupt the gut more than any other.
- Why there’s a major conflict of interest with big pharma and major health associations in the U.S.
- The film’s big missed opportunity.
Ideas Worth Sharing:You can be a vegan and eat horribly wrong for a vegan, meaning maybe you eat pasta all day long. … Just because you’re a vegan and you don't eat animals doesn’t mean that you’re eating healthy things. - @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet First, before you even select a diet, you really need to say: am I accountable for my health, or am I putting my health in the hands of someone else? … Do your research. Be accountable. Be responsible. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet There are many different factors as to why somebody comes down with a disease. … Having a non-vegan diet is just not the cause alone of any kind of disease at all. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Christine Kaczmar: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- What the Health Movie
- Dr. Christine’s Live Review of What The Health
- Dr. Christine’s Healthy Rebels Private Facebook Group
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: