Listen to the Full Episode:You can also listen to the podcast and subscribe in iTunes here, and Stitcher here.
I’ve said many times that digestion is really two things: it’s how well we convert the food we are eating into usable nutrition, and how well we eliminate waste. That second piece is what the lymphatic system is all about, yet a lot of people aren’t even aware of the importance of this system.
The lymphatics—a.k.a. your body’s sewer system—are imperative when it comes to keeping you healthy, and everyone should understand how it all works. So today, I’m going to share what you need to know about your lymphatic system, and why it’s so important to keep it running like a fine-tuned machine.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What makes up your lymphatic system.
- The functions of the lymphatics.
- How much fluid drains into your lymphatic system in an average day.
- The five types of blood cells.
- What B-cells and T-cells do.
- Your primary and secondary lymphatic organs.
- Where most lymph nodes are concentrated.
- The two primary mechanisms that move your lymph.
- Why it’s so important that your lymphatic system is flowing freely.
Ideas Worth Sharing:One of the main problems people have is they think “you are what you eat.” That’s false. Better said, you are what you digest. - @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet Digestion is many, many things. It’s not enough to put something in your mouth and have the body receive it. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet 80 - 90% of your immune system is located in your gut; do you see the significance of paying more attention to your gut? -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Christine Kaczmar: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Dr. Christine’s Healthy Rebels Private Facebook Group
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: