Listen to the Full Episode:You can also listen to the podcast and subscribe in iTunes here, and Stitcher here.
Did you know that approximately 42 million Americans have constipation? Worse yet, many of them are turning to laxatives to fix the problem instead of making simple changes that could—and probably would!—make all the difference.
So today I’m going to share what I consider the five biggest reasons you might be constipated. Listen in to learn the usual culprits behind this too-common problem, as well as what you can do to ensure your bowels are moving as often as they should be.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The staggering statistics about constipation in the U.S.
- A huge culprit behind constipation and many digestive illnesses.
- Why virtually every prescription drug has a side effect of constipation.
- Five “belly busters” in the standard American diet that lead to constipation.
- The absolute minimum amount of water your body needs every day.
- What to keep in mind when consuming water.
- Three main categories of stress—and which is the greatest stress of all.
- The important connection between emotion and digestive health.
Ideas Worth Sharing:If you’re not moving your bowels every day, you’re constipated. - @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet The whole key is to find out why you have digestive stress, not to manage it through prescription medications. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet What’s going on with your gut has a lot to do with what’s going on with your overall digestion; what’s going on with your emotions has a lot to do with what’s going on with your gut. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Christine Kaczmar: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Dr. Christine’s Healthy Rebels Private Facebook Group
- Smart Digestion Radio Episode 34: Stomach Acid Deficiency
- Smart Digestion Radio Episode 39: Gallbladder Issues And Birth Control Pills
- Your Body’s Many Cries for Water by F. Batmanghelidj
- Water for Health, for Healing, for Life: You’re Not Sick, You’re Thirsty! by F. Batmanghelidj
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: