Listen to the Full Episode:You can also listen to the podcast and subscribe in iTunes here, and Stitcher here.
The holidays are fast approaching, and this time of year can make it pretty challenging to eat well. With treats all around and the constant temptation to consume more and more, anyone can go off track. And while it’s okay to indulge every once in a while, the key is to be mindful when you do.
In this episode, I’m going to share some tips for doing just that. Listen in to learn my top ten strategies for doing holiday dining right. You’ll hear advice on when to go for seconds, how to spare yourself some calories at dessert, and more.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to begin your day to avoid feeling guilty about what you eat.
- What kind of breakfast is best.
- Advice for dealing with holiday stress and tension between family members.
- How much water you should be drinking to stay hydrated.
- What to take before your meal—especially if you’re going to be eating more than you normally would.
- How often it’s okay to “cheat.”
- What portion size to aim for when eating starches.
- The number one nutrient we’re not getting enough of.
- How long to wait before you go in for seconds.
- When to get moving after a big meal.
- A tip for saving some calories when eating dessert.
Ideas Worth Sharing:80% of the food you want to be eating should be really clean and healthy, and 20% of the time, you can cheat. - @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet There’s nothing wrong with having foods that aren’t the best for you, as long as you don’t do this all the time. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet Don’t eat with your eyes; eat with your brain. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Christine Kaczmar: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- The Top 10 Healthy Holiday Strategies Checklist
- Dr. Christine’s Healthy Rebels Private Facebook Group
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: