Listen to the Full Episode:You can also listen to the podcast and subscribe in iTunes here, and Stitcher here.
Turning to prescription drugs to fix problems that only food can fix is all too common. Today I will explain why you need to focus more on how you fuel your body and why stress is often the real reason our bodies are not working correctly. Prescription meds don’t treat stress, so I’ll discuss why it’s important to take other routes to help your body deal with this issue.
In this episode, I tap into the lessons in my book, Gut Check, and emphasize the huge effect stress has on our digestion and overall health. You will learn about the different components of stress, why the medical model fails to address it correctly, and the key to creating homeostasis within your body.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The origins and components of stress.
- The biggest problem with the medical model and why it doesn’t acknowledge stress.
- The only thing that can normalize our functions.
- The key to homeostasis and body balance.
- How stress affects the way we receive energy.
- Why prescription drugs are not what you think.
- The various phases of stress and how they affect your body.
Ideas Worth Sharing:Stress is the only reason why any of us get sick. - @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet Only nutrition normalizes function. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet When we are under stress, we are burning through the food and burning through our energy. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Christine Kaczmar: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Email | Phone: (586) 685-2222
- Get a signed copy of Dr. Christine’s book, Gut Check, for $19.99
- Get 2 copies of Gut Check for $30
- Dr. Christine’s Healthy Rebels Private Facebook Group
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: