Listen to the Full Episode:You can also listen to the podcast and subscribe in iTunes here, and Stitcher here.
This episode is the second part to my behind-the-scenes series, and today I will be talking about antacids, energy, and—of course—digestion. I will teach you how antacids affect your body and how a deficiency in stomach acid can lead to many negative side effects, including hair loss and vertigo.
You’ll learn about energy expenditure and how energy affects our brains, viscera, and digestive systems. Listen in to discover what role bile plays in the digestion of food, my thoughts on the ketogenic diet, and more.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What antacids do to your stomach’s ability to digest food.
- What role bile plays in digestion.
- How we digest protein.
- How we digest fat.
- Why we need enzymes.
- The importance of carbs in your diet.
- Which parts of your body use up the majority of your energy.
- My thoughts on the ketogenic diet.
- Why we require energy.
Ideas Worth Sharing:We need to be looking at what’s happening in the stomach. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet Once we heat food over 118 degrees, we are killing the enzymes. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet The two big problems that we have in our society are that we have deficient stomach acid and undigested food. -@thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Christine Kaczmar: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Email | Phone: (586) 685-2222
- Smart Digestion Radio on Spotify
- Gut Tube
- Get 2 copies of Gut Check for $30
- Dr. Christine’s Healthy Rebels Private Facebook Group
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: