Listen to the Full Episode:You can also listen to the podcast and subscribe in iTunes here, and Stitcher here.
In this episode, we are talking about something that affects most people at some stage in their lives: stress. Stress impacts everything in our bodies, both neurological and hormonal, and if left untreated, it can wreak some serious havoc.
Emotional, physical, chemical, environmental, and/or nutritional stress can cause an increased heart rate, reduced blood flow to your organs, and—if it goes on for long enough—major digestion issues. So today I’m sharing some easy steps you can take to reduce stress in your life, from breathing exercises to nutritional and hydration advice.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The importance of taking time to relax.
- Why our heart rate increases when we are stressed.
- What happens to your blood vessels when you are stressed.
- How your organs function when you are not getting enough blood flowing to them.
- How your body increases oxygen use.
- Why you have digestion issues when you are stressed.
- How eating healthy plant-based foods can reduce stress.
- What you can do to reduce stress in your day-to-day life.
Ideas Worth Sharing:To do really good things for your mind and body and spirit is to get out in nature.- @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet The point is: your thoughts affect your physiology.- @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet Breathing and oxygenating your body is critical.- @thedigestiondoc Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Christine Kaczmar: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Email | Phone: (586) 685-2222
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology by Tortora Grabowski
- SDR 32: The Energy Sequence
- SDR 49: Structure and Function
- SDR 58: Energy, Enzymes and the Biggest Stress of All
- SDR 69: The Stress Response
- The Digestion Doctor Circle
- GUT-Check Protocol
- Smart Digestion Radio on Spotify
- Gut Tube
- Get 2 copies of Gut Check for $30
- Dr. Christine’s Healthy Rebels Private Facebook Group
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: